Popular Posts

Monday 18 September 2017

GARDEN PRINCESS chapter 6

GARDEN PRINCESS

               Chapter 6

          WINTER LOVERS

                 A Story By

          Akwuba ijeoma Celina 


              

It is  winter period:The well has blocks of ice within, the workers in the farm are cold and tired The little sheeps suckling from their mother's breasts, the maiden standing beside the burning wood ,  warming themselves and warming the food, the herds men and women, leading the sheep and cattle, and some  chariot men  under their coat, sleeping on their horses with serious coldness, while others yawn for food.
One man says
 Hey! Angelina! When will the tea be ready?
And the other says
"When will the meat be set!"
  The maidens are still busy, warming themselves and warming the food, even when the food is ready, they keeps warming it, no one wants to leave the burning scene because the whether is too cold...later, Angelina, the head of the maidens says out loud to the workers.
 It is first of sept.!
The winter has just began!
We the ladies are lazy and cold!
We can freeze from the winter Dearie's
Coz we are weaker vessels
Please come  to the burning place where we gather to make your meal!
I believe everyone will be happy coz it seems like summer here!
  Hey! How are u gals doing over there?"
Julius the lazy servant and the youngest if them asked, raising his tiny arm that has the hands  covered with mitten.

We are not hot here!
We are not cold here!
We cool here!
Said Louis who seems to be in love with him
 She continues
 "You can come and stay right here by myside! We can cuddle ourselves for better feelings  till the winter fades!
Then we resume for work baby!
   " oh yes honey! There I come!
     We cuddle till winter fades! (They cuddles)
"We kiss till winter travel" (they kissed, not knowing the princess was at their mist until she spoke and they bowed)
It is good to be in love
But don't get drunk for love!
Said the princess
"Yes, your highness." They bowed before her and chuckled in Bliss
Lina chuckked too and said to them..
   Under this whether, this cool climate, or atmosphere; the first winter season of the year: you maidens work, the herdsmen guilding the sheep's and the chariot men sleeping on their horses some yawning for food to regain strength in other to continue working on the garden.
Day to day,
Week to week,
Month to month
And year to year
You men and women had worked hard and tirelessly just to keep a  garden.
Are you aware that the kings dad is dead?
   " no . your Highness"
     "We are not suppose to know until we are done with this section. Your highness.
   Why ? Is it under the law?
" No your Highness!
It is the responsibility of the next workers to tell us the latest news since there's no means of communication in this garden except when someone from the outside this garden comes in to announce to us"
Said the chief herdsmen.
"The kings dad, my sweet grand father died a few months ago before now and nobody delivered the information to you people?
   " nobody will, if the king (king Angeles) didn't give the order your highness."

Oh I see! My father doesn't like the farm
But I do.
When my grand father was alive , I told my passion for the farm and he handed it over to me. But my dad doesn't want any part of him to belong here, so, it is a secrete that I  am here.
I must do the work of my grand father, because I love working on the farm.

And so, I discharge those that wants to be discharged, and I continue with those that are eager to work . let me know if you are ready for work
"Yes! We are ready to work with the princess!
Shouted ten workers excitedly.
There was a women from afar, she was mute with five others .
 I am here as prisoner.
For eight months I haven't seen my children
Please release me.
 " me too!
Shouted another from the farm
  "And me too"
 "Ditto"
Shouted two others.
These five people were sent to work on the farm for five years because of their atrocities. They pleaded to be forgiven and released and their  wish was granted.
The princess was sure that the king must hard forgotten about them.
As for Julius and Louis
You are lovers in the farm
You have no choice than to work with me.
The two lovers were happy to find favour in the sight of the King's daughter.
And so they said, its our pleasure to work with you your highness.we find delight in your sight .
      They were happy that they are lovers in the sight of the princess.
This made Louis to day dream on how h

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY                            episode 1                  LINA'S First Day In School                       A story w...