Popular Posts

Saturday 22 April 2017

LINA'S DIARY(episode 1-4)

LINA'S DIARY 
                          episode 1
                LINA'S First Day In School
                      A story writen by
                      Akwuba Ijeoma
                       
              
       
It was a rainy day, yet the cloud was still very bright, as though it was a sunny afternoon, I wondered what could be the cause,  then I realized it was my first day in school and that was an imagination .Even when every where was covered with thick cloud so  that no one could see,  yet I  was able to see very clearly. 
My mama said " it was the joy of being to a new environment" and my papa said"it was my first day in school"
Could this be the reason? I thought. 
Ever since I finished my secondary school, I've being dreaming of going to a higher lnstitution just to escape home chores and run away from my siblings disturbances . But then it was as if" heaven and earth will roll  away"
     "oh when will November come! "
sang and gasped as I wandered in my thought. 
   Oh November! The month that traveled with my treasure, 
    The month that holds my joy! 
    Where have you gone to? 
    And when are you coming back? 
   I heard it's on the eleventh month of the twelfth month of this year. 
Is that so.....? 
If your answer Is yes" oh dearest November 
   Please don't forget to come to me with this treasure of mine
   The admission of gold I've being waiting for so long"
That was my poem on admission aspirations 
 Oh diary, forgive me for I had forgotten to introduce myself to you, dearie. 
   I am Lola adebayo, but you can call me Lina, a name from saint Marcellina, it is my babtisma name. 
Lina is the last four latter of marcellina. 
It is my Nick name. 
I am the only Yoruba girl that came all the way from Lagos state to mama schola's shop to pick you out from the  box where you have been pressed by your fellow diaries . And I brought you to this hostel where girls dwell, if you are a guy, diary, of course you would like it coz there are many boobs and asses flooting around this room without shame. 
Oh diary, I am a poet, a novelist and I like singing my songs. 
I hope you don't mind, as I continue writing the stories on my first day in school.
     As I entered into the school gate walking majestically as though there was no rain falling from the sky,  then I noticed some ladies and gentle guys runing towards a tent called "the Fidelity hot-spot center that is located close to the main gate. 
That is where some Uniben students charge their phones and make a good browsing from the internet.
It was still raining so some people ran to the place for shelter. 
   I was under the rain singing my latest poem
"oh this gold of mine 
This treasure of mine
This silver of mine 
Am sinking in  it. 
This river of mine
 am swimming in it...
  Then my phone rang, it was Kemi  my cousin , she called to know if I had gotten to the school already. And when I said "Yes"  she told me  to enter a bus that is going to ofololo basement. 
While she was still on the call,   my phone got drained so I had to enter the Fidelity hot-spot center in other to make an enquiries on where to enter the bus that is going to ofololo basement and also to charge my new Android phone. 
  On getting closer to the place, I noticed a fat young boy  opening and closing his mouth like the Yoruba old men that yawn for dinner. I knew he was saying something but what exactly was he saying that keeps the people laughing and smiling like there's no ressesion in the state,   I wondered as I move closer grunting and sniffing thereby making sure that my luggage gets there  with me. 
"hello everyone" I said making sure that they recognise my new outfit which my granny bought for me for gaining admission into the  university. 
 "I am Lina, I came from Lagos, the city of excellence " Trying to show my ego
    "shoo"
Shouted one of the students 
I looked at her and snubbed. Then I continued with what I was saying. 
   "as I was saying,  I came from lag, and I need someone to show me where to take a bus to Ofololo basement. 
Suddenly, all of them burst out laughing as if I had said something funny. Then the fat young boy that was opening and closing his mouth in the name of telling a
funny story looked at them and said with a very bold and coarse voice that sounded like that of a Bush cow...
"any Uniben student that doesn't know how to pronounce hall 4 law basement, is that one a Uniben student? 
No.... They all said in unism. 
was so shy and confused coz I couldn't understand what they were saying. The slang was so complicative  that I couldn't figure it out  with my little Yoruba sense. 
what could make this niggas laugh at me this way.
I thought as I left them with shame. Thinking my head out as I forgot my smallest luggage.
Then, I listened and I heard some girls still laughing hysterically. The laughter sounded like that of  Aniola,  a Yoruba old lady that would laugh and hang her legs up just to attract a suitor or young men that are passing by. 
Then, a young girl that looks exactly like my age came towards me and said
"hello, I'm Maureen, and here is your box. Am so sorry for those dudes they don't really know how to treat a fresher. 
    "hi I am Lola, but you can call me Lina. Thanks for your kindness, am so gratefull"
"you are welcome Lina. Guess you are looking for the basement bus? 
"yes, the one that is going directly to ofolo,basement.
I said not being sure of where I was going to. 
   "there" She said "that is hall 4 law basement bus. You can sit in the front sit with me.  That's if u don't mind. 
"oky" I said trying to form phonetics. 
 "thanks once more"
Suddenly, the bus  got filled up and a dark old man came into the bus and said "
   "make sure you are with your 20 naira change"
Hmm, I was chocked, coz I was with a one thousand naira note. But thanks to Maureen. She paid for my t. Fair, after a serious embarrassment from the driver,who nearly could had buried me to the ground just because of a twenty naira note that I couldn't afford. He yawned angrily at me
  "why didn't u come with a one million naira note just to route on a journey of twenty naira prize. Look at your eyes like that of an owl. Ole buruku!
I was shocked and I wept within me, he reminded me of my popsy.  He can never say a word without an insult added either at the beginning or at the end of his statement especially when he's upset with mumsy, or when he's hungry for food. That moment when he could finish a bowl of rice without taking water nor whisper a word to anyone around him. Not even words like "do u mind eating with me" it is the Yoruba tradition and I know Ibo's does that too. That moment when you are hungry for food and there's a pot of rice at your front but u couldn't smell nor touch one grain  of it  Hu"
It was so painful that I had to hide my face from the people  in case there's tears that would want to come out to disgrace me in the public. 
"it's OK, Lina,  she said with a very sweet voice. Welcome to Uniben. Some said it's unistress. But it's still the choice of many. She taped my back with a derisive smile on her face. 
Then I wondered why she's saying welcome to me by this period ,why would she say welcome when I just finished from a trauma from the driver... And why was her smile so derisive as if there's something wrong in welcoming me to the school environment. These were my thoughts.gosh! I exclaimed 
  Oh diary, my first day in school could  be summed up as an oxymoron: where I was happy for getting into the school, I was also sad coz of the way those dudes laughed at  me and then the angry driver that roared like a mad lion, that old man that gave me the second condition.... Wanting to give me hbp just because of  a twenty naira note but thanks to God for  giving me an angel of love "Maureen"  She made my day. And I'll sing a song of her, my next poem will bear her name thus "angel maureen" the little angel that comes to school"
   Lina looks at her diary and said  "hu.. I guess u are feeling sleepy dear , it is right time I stops writing . This is 12:00am and am feeling sleepy too.  I have to stop here dear. But before I does that,  I'll like to give u a name" kay" he is the guy that listens to every bit of my story in Victoria island  . Oh diary, you are my Kay in school.he likes my stories and I guess u like it too. Thanks for listening 
 Hope to get more gists tomorrow. Gudnit diary and may angels be our keeper. 
She kissed the diary and said "sweet 
dreams. 
    
       Lina's Diary 
           Episode 2
            The Hostel life
As I got up from my bunk this morning , I noticed some girls going down stairs with buckets on their hand and heading towards the tap location. They had gone down to fetch water from the tap, probably to take  their bath with it. Why so early, I wondered 
"why should the girls be taking their bath by this time of the day. 
Is it that this school has classes by 6am or what?  Then I thought  of the schools that I had attended so far and I said to myself "Shinning star secondary school starts by 8:am and so does every other primary and secondary school in this country. Or does it mean universities has their own lecture time different? 
   I wondered so I had to get my bucket and get down stairs to get my own water too. 
On getting to the tap, I noticed multitudes of girls bathing down stairs. Then I began to wonder if the school has no bathroom 
But Cynthia had already  directed me to the bathroom and the convenient room last night. Or is it that the rooms are for fancy or whatt.  I thought as I walk closer to the tap, then,  I heard some girls laughing,so I listened carefully and I heard one of those girls saying
"what kind of a world is this, where some babes boob's  is as tiny as an ant hole. Anita your breast is too small! Go and ask your mama for some milk! You need it in your life! She said looking at Anita as she made mockeries of her
Ah!  I looked at Anita and her breast is even bigger than mine. If I should bath down stairs their would laugh at me until I begin to  shed tears.  I can never bath down stairs with those big boob's babes. I don't need a breastly assault . I am like cythian who said that her boobs are small but her Boo likes it"  even though I never have a Boo yet, I know my husband won't push me away if I finally gets married tomorrow . I gave myself hope as I fetched the pail of water saying within me " I'll keep the bathrooms clean, it will be my own place of bath"
Then I saw Anita tying her rapper and rushing upstairs with great annoyance. "that poor girl must be a fresher too,  She's absolutely new to this environment"
I said to myself. I wish I could keep her company and at least make her feel better just like maureen to me. She's so quiet and pretty too. More beautiful than those big boob's babes  that made mockery of her. I wondered why she didn't say a word for retaliation. Then, I walked up to her and said "dear friend do not worry, we are birds of same feather, we can flock together. 
Anita looked at my chest and smiled
    "yes we are" she said "what's your name? 
Lina" I heard my name from behind. Anticipating who the caller might be. Behold it is Maureen. Is this your hostel space ?
She said looking into my eyes with great anticipation of glamour ." Yes" it is. I answered 
She quickly held my hands and made a peck on it and said I am so happy to see u here. 
And then she gave me a very warm hug. 
It's nice having you here as a hostel mate. It's good to have you around this vicinity. 
I was full of enthusiasm to have her as a hostel mate too. 
   Awkwardly, as I looked upward,  I noticed some group of four girls taking a shot on us while we were still hugging. I noticed they were whispering and laughing as if there's something funny going on. 
I was curious and I wanted to know what's going on. I walked close to the four girls and asked them to let me see the pic their shot. But one of them collected the phone and ran away from their mist.saying 
"all lesbians must go"
Am not a lesbian and I shouldn't be bothered. 
I thought. 
But was she actually saying we were lesbians?  This is what I wanted to figure out so I ran after her to find out why she said such rubbish after taking a photo of us. 
But Maureen called me back  and ask me to mind my own biswax. 
"this is hostel life for you"  she said 
"some of them here are bloggers on gossips,  probably they wanna publish new stories"
"but that should be the  more reasons why  I should go after her and smatch the phone on the ground. I shouldn't be used for a gossip on the the net. Is she crazy? I said with annoyance 
"please be calm" Anita said 
With a cool wet eyes. Leave them alone,  they are trouble makers" She continues
My granny said "if u go after a trouble maker, then you are looking for troubles. Please let's go upstairs. 
She pleaded with me. And Maureen supported. "we can be best friends , best buddies. Let's mind our own business.
Then we went upstairs singing my imidiate forged songs.  
      Singing along with me
       To the highest mountains
       Dancing along with me 
           Like a bear... 
          Then I hugged (She hugs them)  
        And kissed (she peck them) 
       My sweet smelling bestie. 
She peck them again and said. 
     "let the foolish bloggers come and make a video of us"
  "videos of us"
Replied the two girl as they chucckled and climbed the stairs with Lina's previous song. 
       
           
       Episode 3
               Lina's  First Day At The Faculty. 


When we got to the highest mountain

 (the apex part of the hostel. Lina calls it mountain coz it's too high according to her own point of  view)

We departed to our different rooms and I quickly rushed to the dirty bathroom to take my bath after making some lazy wash on it. Then I rushed  out from the bathroom feeling dizzy and very cold. It was already 6:30am and I have to get to class by exactly  7:am 
I don't feel like going late to class on my first day of resumption in other not to miss the morning assembly . It's gonna look like a Taboo or rather a course to my fore-fathers. I have to make a change here In the campus. 
(she said this in a very silly phonetic way)
 I wanna be called the early commer and not the late comer anymore.(She continues) 
 Hence my classmates gat to call me "a serious student"
 (Lina is still using her secondary school sense in the campus)
so I  quickly dressed up (She continues  )
and went to the faculty of art with my  new  black and white uniform which mumsy bought for me and was washed and ironed by her too. She was so happy to have a future lawyer in the house, so she kept it so neatly arranged for me in a clean white box, that is where all my six uniforms were kept.          Majestically, I got to the falcuty  ,  then I   noticed  an old boy who is about 6feets tall, he's huge and hairy to. I could barely reach his chest. He  has been busy looking at me surprisingly staring at my new uniform, I knew he likes my outfit, I said to myself. But, I wondered why no one was on black and white outfit or am I the only law student  in the whole  of Uniben? 
I thought. 
Then I came closer to the the 6feets tall old boy and said, excuse me boss. 
  "I am Gideon" not boss"  
he interrupted. How may I help you
  Please where does 100level students takes their classes. ? I Asked 
It was as if Gidi didn't hear me well, so he bent a little bit lower and said, "pardon"?
I repeated what I said earlier,and Gidi gasped trying hard to withheld what looks like a 
 laughter. 
But what axactly was so amusing that he almost burst out laughing at my request. Or is it that Uniben boys laughs at freshers anyhow, he made me flashed back at that fat young boy of yesterday who mocked me for not pronouncing where I was going to correctly . so I decided to leave him alone to meet a fellow at least someone that has the nature of Maureen" the campus  angel" who would give a correct answer to my question. Hello"  I said to one shabby young fellow, please take me to where 100level students  have there classes.
Oh" 
she said, you are new to this environment. Please what's your course?
      "Law" I said

Then you will be having your classes at the faculty of law. "

Oh really?
  I said thanks and left for the faculty of law with her being my director.  I never knew classes where done separately according to one's course. Unlike primary and secondary schools where both lawyers and doctors and every other professions are put together in one class thereby,  having two or three teachers teaching them both science and art subjects, Secondary schools are even much  better, at least they have seperate teachers for each course and two different categories thus: art and science departments at the senior level. 
My plans of making Maureen and Anita envy my personality has failed. Oh I wanted them to imitate my new mode of life. 

    As I got to the faculty,  I saw too many  young fellows on their genuine uniform neatly pressed. I repeated the same question and they directed me to where I could get the hundred level course Rep's phone number. I called and he said that we would be having classes by 3pm today. "oh what the hell"
I said with traumatism
I was so stressed out and confused on the timetable. 3:pm when we usually dismiss from school is now when I'll start coming to classes. It  was so annoying and frustrating. I had to get back to the hostel to be with my besties only to find out that they both had gone for classes. Awsh!  I seriously dislike  the way things are being done here, so I can't be with my friends anymore till evening time. Probably they would be dismissing by exactly 3:pm too. But then I had a second thought  "are  u sure I am not posted  for afternoon classes? That awkward  moments when your mates are coming back from school and you will be going back to the same school ,gosh! The most horrible state of my primary school experience. Hum! I can never forget. That was one of the reasons why I disliked my primary school days. Oh. 
I thought of what to do so I decided to drop my pen and wait for my friends to come back. Maybe they have more things to say to me. While waiting for them, a young girl came in. She said her Nick name is Clara but her native name is Ugochi a name given to Igbo females that means" beautiful bird of God" Clara noticed my mood when I was coming into the hostel so she decided to be of help to me .
She was the one that explained the time table for me. She made a photocopy of the timetable too and gave one copy to me. Then I find out that we are in the same faculty. I also learnt that classes are being shifted so we will be having just one class today. And more tomorrow. And even more the following day.

Thanks so much CLara.
  I said, 
Being so excited I soloquized 
 "this girl must be a good fellow too. 
Hmmm"
(Lina streched her self out and said to her diary)  
see you when I come back from classes. Hope to have more gists for you...... Bye.

       Episode 4
       Demi's Silly joke on  Kemi

(Lina  dropped her pen and went to June 12 to get some packs of indomie for launch. 
      (After cooking and taking her launch , she took a nap at around 11:00am and woke up by two hours later, then she waited for a while and then decided to visit Clara so that the two of them could attend classes together,when she came back from the classes at around 5:pm, she pick up her pen once more and said) 
Hey Kay! its good to see you once again. I've gone out for lecture and am back once more to tell you more stories. 
I know you would want to know how interesting the lecture was, anyway, it was a good one. I like my coursemates. They are very friendly and the classes where fun too.
  I am swinging into my dream course. The lecturer is also a good fellow but he has a big head like Mr Edward in my basic six.
 He is very humble and he attends to our  questions ,  he's assignment is not hard to work on too. It was just like one of those assignment in secondary school base on government. What is administrative law" hu!  It was funny tho.but I just have to keep calm coz I don't know what tomorrow might look like. It might be pregnant according to granny. 
Then I met the class Rep master Emmy. He's tall and handsome and he's very agile too. He deserves to be a course Rep according to my own point of view. 
But dearie, I have a strange question 
"when Demi was cracking  joke in the class today.  I noticed a young girl who's always laughing, she can laugh for Africa"  
When Demi cracked his first joke, everyone laught and we all closed our mouth when the humour was no longer  there ,while waiting for the second joke from the female Comedian, Omowumi". Surprisingly, her jokes wasn't funny at all so no one laught, but ,when I looked at my left hand side, I noticed that Kemi was still laughing,  kemi's teeth is still widely open and still looking as if she was on the state of amusement . Should I go and tell her to close her teeth so that fly's won't peck on it
Or should I pretend as if am not bothered. I wondered as She kept on opening her teeth without any intention of closing it at all. I became irritated  and frustrated so I signal her to please close her teeth. But it was as if she didn't recognize my signal at all So I summoned her by her name and say, "hey dear Kemistry, please can you close your teeth? 
Amazingly, Chuks said loudly before everyone that I was making mockery of the girl. 
Then Demi the first comedian  stood again up and said
Is it because her teeth looks like an  old popsy's big hoe that are used to work on people's farm .  We are all aware of that dear,  So please stop asking her to close her teeth coz Kemi can never close her teeth for any reason. Shoo! 
But then people had already  bust out laughing especially that part when he said that her teeth is like an  old  popsy's big hoe.... 
Ah! Diary, please tell me between me and the boy who had insulted Kemi?
Please be fair at  your judgement .... 
.......hmmm. I know I was the one at the right part coz I didn't mean to insult her, had I known that it was the nature of her teeth  I wouldn't had bothered to say  a word to her. 
Oh I pity Kemi shaa...  for having such a big teeth that makes her look as if she's always laughing even unnecessarily, such teeth can put someone into serious  trouble. 
Ah... Sometimes nature can be very funny joor.. But what can man do? 
Now Kemi is being used as an object of mockery in the class. It isn't hummmm. Such is life my dear. 
I think I have to stop here dairy, 
Need to fetch water for bath as the one I fetched earlier has been used by the unknown. 
Maureen said it's a hostel life. Hu. 
So disgusting, but  I just have to endure it... 
Goodnight my Kay.... 
She kept her pen and diary and took her bucket down stairs to fetch two pails  of  water.
When she came upstairs,  she pleaded with her roommates not to make use of her water that she has class by 8:am tomorrow. Then she took her bath and lay down to sleep. But when she woke up in the morning, she find out that her water has already been use again by Fumi to flush her dirty poo out from the  toilet. She only looked at the empty bucket and gasped  saying.... 
 "I just have to keep calm and pretend as if  everything is alright. Don't wanna bug anyone at all (then she greeted everyone and said to her diary) 
"hope your night was cold just like mine. Thanks for not coming to cuddle me. Anyway, we survived the cold plus the horrible stilth night of mosquitoes. 
I gotta leave and prepare for class. 
See ya lera, bye... 
          click here for Episode 5
                          

4 comments:

  1. Keep it up am goon follw your trend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddie, will so glad to see you as a follower.

      Delete
    2. Thanks hunn, I'll be so grateful to have u here.

      Delete

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY                            episode 1                  LINA'S First Day In School                       A story w...