Popular Posts

Wednesday 14 June 2017

LINA DIARY (Episode 3) My first Day @ Faculty

       Lina's Diary

           Episode 3
        My First Day @Faculty

     A story by
    Akwuba Ijeoma Celina

     



When we got to the highest mountain
 (the apex part of the hostel. Lina calls it mountain coz it's too high according to her own point of  view) 
We departed to our various rooms and I quickly rushed to the dirty bathroom to take my bath after making some lazy wash on it. Then I rushed  out from the bathroom feeling dizzy and very cold. It was already 6:30am and I have to get to class by exactly  8:am 
I don't feel like going late to class on the first day of the week,and its actually suppose to be my first day in class, in other not to miss the morning assembly . It's gonna look like a Taboo or rather a course to popsy, I have to make a change here In campus. 
  I wanna be called the early commer and not the late comer anymore.
(she said this in a very silly phonetic way) 
 Hence my classmates gat to call me "a serious student"
 (Lina is still using her secondary school sense in the campus)
so I  quickly dressed up (She continue  )
and went to the faculty of art with my  new  black and white uniform which mumsy bought for me and was washed and ironed by her too. She was so happy to have a future lawyer in the house, so she kept it so neatly arranged for me in a clean white box, that is where all my six uniforms were kept.        
  Majestically, I got to the falcuty, then I   noticed  an old boy who is about 7feets tall, he's huge and hairy too.  I could barely reach his chest. He  has been looking at me surprisingly, and  staring at my new uniform. I knew he likes my outfit, I said to myself. But, I wondered why the school is still very scanty at around 7:16am the worst part Is that admist of the few people I could see around,there was no one on black and white outfit,or am I the only law student  in the whole  of Uniben? 
I wondered  
Then I came closer to the the 7feets tall old boy and said, excuse me boss. 
  "I am Gideon" not boss"  he interrupted. How may I help you,little miss. Then I gasped wondering why he called me a little miss. Is it because I could barely reach his chest?
I don't blame him at all, coz I feel his hieght is really affecting him, that he can't recognise a grown up fellow,
An eighteen years old girl can no longer be called little" she's an adult now, you can ask the constitution.

Hey! Am not a little miss.I retaliated, after all I called him a boss and he refuse to answer me.
Am Celina, you can call me Lina.   Please where does 100level students takes their classes. ? I Asked 
, but it seems like Gideon didn't hear what I said, so he bent a little bit lower and said, "pardon"?



I repeated what I said earlier,and Gidi chuckled trying hard to withheld his laughter. Hehehe!! This girl won't kill me oh! Bia emeka inuru ihe nwatakiri nwanyia ne'kwu? He laughter out loud(lol) and speaking his local dialect that sounds like igbo language. I don't understand while they were laughing so hysterically.Or is it that Uniben boys laughs at freshers anyhow 

But what actually was so funny  that he almost burst his big cheecks in the prossess of mockery at me.

now he made me flashed back at that fat young boy of yesterday who mocked me for not pronouncing where I was going to correctly , (the young boy at fidelity hotspot center in episode 1 )

I was ashamed of myself again. so I decided to leave him alone to meet a fellow at least someone that has the nature of Maureen" the campus  angel" who would give a correct answer to my question. Hello"  I said to one shabby young fellow, please take me to where 100level students  have there classes.
Oh" she said, you are new to this environment. Please what's your course?
      "Law" I said 
Then you will be having your classes at the faculty of law. "
Oh really?  I said  thanks and left for the faculty of law with her directions.

 I never knew classes where done separately according to one's choice of course. Unlike primary and secondary schools where both future lawyers and doctors and every other professions were put together in one class thereby,  having two or three teachers teaching them both science and art subjects, Secondary schools are even better coz at least they have seperate teachers for each course and two different categories thus: art and science departments at the senior level. 
My plans of making Maureen and Anita envy my personality has failed. Oh I wanted them to immitate my new mode of life. 

    As I got to the faculty of law,  I saw  young students on their genuine uniform neatly pressed. I repeated the same question and they directed me to where I could get the hundred level course Rep's phone number. I called and he said that we would be having classes by 2 to 4pm today. "oh what a stressful moment!
I said with great  traumatism
I was so stressed out and confused on the timetable. Ohw... 
The period when we usually dismiss from school is now when I'll start coming to classes.mtchew! It  was so annoying and frustrating. That I had to get back to the hostel to be with my besties only to find out that they both had gone for classes. Awsh!  I seriously dislike  the way things are being done here, so I can't be with my friends anymore till evening time. Probably they would be dismissing by exactly the time I'll be going back to school. 
Then I thought "are u sure I am not being posted  for afternoon classes. That awkward  moments when your mates were coming back from school and you will be going back to the same school too ,it was "The most horrible state of my primary school experience. Hum! I can never forget. That was one of the reasons why I disliked my primary school days. 

I thought of what to do so I decided to go to the common room and wait for my besties  to come back. Maybe they have more experience than I do.  

While waiting for them, a young girl came closer to me, She said her Nick name is Clara but her native name is Ugochi a name given to Igbo females that means" beautiful bird of God"
She was the one that explained the time table for me. She made a photo copy and gave one copy to me as well, Then I find out that we are course mates . I also learnt that classes are being shifted so we will be having just one class today. And more tomorrow. And even more the following day.
Thanks so much CLara.  I said, 
Being so excited coz I've found Clara as a person who seems to be a good fellow to me I'll be good to her too. I think am having three friends now.i guessed.  
Hmmm"
(Lina streched her self out and said to her diary)  
see you when I come back from classes. Hope to have more gists for you...... Bye....click here for episode 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY                            episode 1                  LINA'S First Day In School                       A story w...