Popular Posts

Thursday 4 May 2017

LINA'S DIARY (episode 2) The Hostel Life

Lina's Diary 

           Episode 2

            The Hostel life

              A story by 

      Akwuba ijeoma Celina 


As I got up from my bunk this morning , I noticed some girls going down stairs with buckets on their hand and heading towards the tap location. They had gone down to fetch water from the tap, probably to take  their bath with it. Why so early, I wondered 
"why should the girls be taking their bath by this time of the day. 
Is it that this school has classes by 6am or what?  Then I thought  of the schools that I had attended so far and I said to myself "Shinning star secondary school starts by 8:am and so does every other primary and secondary school in this country. Or does it mean universities has their own lecture time different? 

   I wondered so I had to get my bucket and get down stairs to get my own water too. 
On getting to the tap, I noticed multitudes of girls bathing down stairs. Then I began to wonder if the school has no bathroom 
But Cynthia had already  directed me to the bathroom and the convenient room last night. Or is it that the rooms are for fancy or whatt.  I thought as I walk closer to the tap, then,  I heard some girls laughing,so I listened carefully and I heard one of those girls saying
"what kind of a world is this, where some babes boob's  is as tiny as an ant hole. Anita your breast is too small! Go and ask your mama for some milk! You need it in your life! She said looking at Anita as she made mockeries of her

Ah!  I looked at Anita and her breast is even bigger than mine. If I should bath down stairs their would laugh at me until I begin to  shed tears.  I can never bath down stairs with those big boob's babes. I don't need a breastly assault . I am like cythian who said that her boobs are small but her Boo likes it"  even though I never have a Boo yet, I know my husband won't push me away if I finally gets married tomorrow . I gave myself hope as I fetched the pail of water saying within me " I'll keep the bathrooms clean, it will be my own place of bath"
Then I saw Anita tying her rapper and rushing upstairs with great annoyance. "that poor girl must be a fresher too,  She's absolutely new to this environment"

I said to myself. I wish I could keep her company and at least make her feel better just like maureen to me. She's so quiet and pretty too. More beautiful than those big boob's babes  that made mockery of her. I wondered why she didn't say a word for retaliation. Then, I walked up to her and said "dear friend do not worry, we are birds of same feather, we can flock together. 
Anita looked at my chest and smiled
    "yes we are" she said "what's your name? 
Lina" I heard my name from behind. Anticipating who the caller might be. Behold it is Maureen. Is this your hostel space ?
She said looking into my eyes with great anticipation of glamour ." Yes" it is. I answered 
She quickly held my hands and made a peck on it and said I am so happy to see u here. 
And then she gave me a very warm hug. 

It's nice having you here as a hostel mate. It's good to have you around this vicinity. 
I was full of enthusiasm to have her as a hostel mate too. 
   
Awkwardly, as I looked upward,  I noticed some group of four girls taking a shot on us while we were still hugging. I noticed they were whispering and laughing as if there's something funny going on. 
I was curious and I wanted to know what's going on. I walked close to the four girls and asked them to let me see the pic their shot. But one of them collected the phone and ran away from their mist.saying 
"all lesbians must go"
Am not a lesbian and I shouldn't be bothered. 
I thought. 

But was she actually saying we were lesbians?  This is what I wanted to figure out so I ran after her to find out why she said such rubbish after taking a photo of us. 
But Maureen called me back  and ask me to mind my own biswax. 
"this is hostel life for you"  she said 
"some of them here are bloggers on gossips,  probably they wanna publish new stories"
"but that should be the  more reasons why  I should go after her and smatch the phone on the ground. I shouldn't be used for a gossip on the the net. Is she crazy? I said with annoyance 

"please be calm" Anita said 
With a cool wet eyes. Leave them alone,  they are trouble makers" She continues
My granny said "if u go after a trouble maker, then you are looking for troubles. Please let's go upstairs. 
She pleaded with me. And Maureen supported. "we can be best friends , best buddies. Let's mind our own business.
Then we went upstairs singing my imidiate forged songs.  

      Singing along with me
       To the highest mountains
       Dancing along with me 
           Like a bear... 
          Then I hugged (She hugs them)  
        And kissed (she peck them) 

       My sweet smelling bestie. 

(She peck them again and said. )

     "let the foolish bloggers come and make a video of us"
  "videos of us"
Replied the two girl as they chucckled and climbed the stairs with Lina's prevsong
 song....click here for episode 3

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY (complete season 1)

LINA'S DIARY                            episode 1                  LINA'S First Day In School                       A story w...